Iritty, is one of the beautiful hill side towns of Kerala. Iritty is blessed with tourist attractions, like Pazhassi Dam, Alaram Wildlife Sanctuary, Aralam Farm, Randamkadavu State border,Pazhassi Dam Catchment areas and many more...!
Pazhassi DamPazhassi Dam , an ideal retreat for tourists, the dam site is famous for its scenic beauty. The Kannur District Tourism Promotion Council boats are available to navigate through the river enjoying the silent beauty of Pazhassi dam. It is the only reservoir with gardens in Kannur district. The garden itself a good attraction with sculptures. The added attractions of the place are the gardens and children's park. The Buddha's mountain at Pazhassi and the sculpture of Pazhassi King are visual delights. More Photos
The Aralam FarmThe Aralam farm: The Aralam Wildlife sanctuary adjoins the State Govt: Farm. The state govt: Aralam Farm spread around 2000 hectors of land in the north - east side of Kannur district. The State Government has bought 3060 hectare Aralam farm from the State Farming Corporation of India. Half of the land provided for adivasis ( tribal peoples ) in Wayanad and Kannur district.
The Aralam Wildlife SanctuaryThe Aralam Wildlife sanctuary is spread over 55 square km of undulating forested highlands on the slopes of the Western Ghats. The sanctuary adjoins the State Government Farm at Aralam. The highest peak here - Katti Betta - rises to a majestic 1145 m above sea level. Ideal place for trekking; This covered with tropical and semi evergreen forests, the Aralam Sanctuary is home to a vast variety of flora and fauna endemic to the Western Ghats. Herds of deer, elephant, boar and bison are common sights. More About Aralam ( aralam.org ) ....
Other tourist attractions...
Vaithal Mala (Paithal Mala)Vaithal Mala / Paithal Mala : (35 km) This hill on the Kerala - Karnataka border is around 35 km north of Iritty. Ideal for trekking; it is around 1,400 meters above sea level. A base reception centre and a watch tower a top the cliff function for the benefit of tourists and trekkers.
St. Angelo's Fort:
St. Angelo's Fort : Kannur : (45 Km) The St. Angelo's Fort, built in the year of 1505 the first Portuguese Viceroy of India, is situated near the sea coast and is about 2 km away from Kannur town. The Dutch captured the fort in 1663 and sold it to the Ali Raja of Kannur in 1772 and in 1790 it came into the possession of the British. The British rebuilt it and made it their most important station in Malabar. A few obsolete guns can be seen at the place.